Monday, July 14, 2014

Monsoon Season



Dear amazing people who I love SO much,

This week we had a fun district meeting, some priests from California joined in with us since they were here for a youth conference or something and it was really cool, it was elder Mabeys first district meeting and he was super nervous, but he did amazing! He’s going to be such an awesome district leader and it will be fun to see how much he will grow. I just kept thinking about my brothers the whole time though. Its fun to see the young men who are preparing to go on missions interact with the full time missionaries. They had a good time with the elders Dallin I can’t believe you are almost a missionary!!!!! I am soooooo excited for you! You are going to love every second of it! Even the hard days you will look back on and be so thankful for the things you learned from your trials :) That is one of the things I have come to love about being a missionary. You come to love trails and love the things that you can learn from them. I was reading in Ether yesterday and looking at some of the notes that I wrote in my book of Mormon and I love Ether 6:5-7 
5 And it came to pass that the Lord God caused that there should be a furious wind blow upon the face of the waters, towards the promised land; and thus they were tossed upon the waves of the sea before the wind.
6 And it came to pass that they were many times buried in the depths of the sea, because of the mountain waves which broke upon them, and also the great and terrible tempests which were caused by the fierceness of the wind.
7 And it came to pass that when they were buried in the deep there was no water that could hurt them, their vessels being tight€ like unto a dish, and also they were tight like unto the ark€ of Noah; therefore when they were encompassed about by many waters they did cry unto the Lord, and he did bring them forth again upon the top of the waters.

I love how it says the lord caused the furious wind. Because he is the one that causes the furious wind in our lives. But there is a reason. Without the wind the jadeite barges would not have made it to the Promised Land. likewise without the furious wind of things that "push" us to our limits or the unexpected things in life that "toss" us here and there we would NEVER reach the point that Heavenly Father wants us to be at. Without trails in life there is no progress and we stay still ”floating" in life making little to no progress. We do no move forward because there is nothing pushing us forward. Many times in life we are going to be "buried" in the depths of the sea we are going to have waves and tempests. It’s not meant to be easy but if we are "tight like unto a dish" if we are firm in our faith and stand strong to what we know is right nothing can hurt us. When we are encompassed about by sin, pain, sorrow or the feeling of inadequacy we need to cry unto the Lord and he can bring us back on top. Isn’t that just amazing! I think in a way we want more trials in life as long as we have that unshakable foundation in Christ because then we can grow faster and become the kind of person that Heavenly Father wants us to be :)

I feel so blessed to have that knowledge because there are SO many out there who don’t and its soooo hard for them to go throughout life without that. We are blessed. Also with the knowledge that we have that death is not the end. The brother in our ward that we visited last week and had the amazing experience about the Atonement, his wife passed away this week and we were able to help out a lot with the funeral. It was a beautiful service and I think it really touched the family members who were there because most of them were catholic. I can’t even imagine what it would be like not knowing that I would be able to see those who I love again. I can’t even imagine it! And it was hard to see how hard it hurt for someone who didn’t have that. How grateful I am that we have a Father in Heaven who loves us and has a plan for us to grow and to learn and to one day return to live with him with our families. There is nothing better! :) I love this Gospel and I love the blessing that I have to be able to share it! I hope that you as members of the church will also experience the joys of sharing the gospel! Ever member a missionary ;) love you all tons have an awesome missionary experience filled week! Talk to ya soon!
Love,
Hermana Savage 
So its Monsoon season... we kinda love the rain :)



No comments:

Post a Comment