Monday, June 23, 2014

June 23rd



So first off. DALLIN GOT HIS MISSION CALL!!!! :) I was suuuuper excited when president Toone called me on Thursday and let me call Dallin and ask him where he was going. Florida Tallahassee the second best mission in the world! (Obviously Arizona Tempe is the best. sorry Dallin ha-ha) but I’m really excited for him to get out there and serve the lord! It truly will be the best two years of your life! :) 

This week we had zone conference and like usual it was AMAZING! I just love being able to learn and soak up the spirit and receive revelation. President Toone is such an inspired man and I love him soooo much!  the spirit was so strong in the meeting and by the end Hermana Hansen and I were just sobbing because it finally hit us that all off this is coming to an end. I really never want to leave. But with the little time I have left I am going to make sure that I give it my all that I truly serve with all my heart might mind and strength! We had an amazing unplanned lesson Tuesday night when we went over to visit our ward mission leader and his son Sam was there who is less active. We stared talking to them and we shared some things about faith that we had learned earlier that day in zone conference. And that’s when the spirit took over, like it took complete control! There we were sitting outside on the porch in the hot Arizona night sitting on our lawn chairs and the spirit just knew exactly what Sam needed. There were inspired questions after inspired questions, and he just opened up completely it’s amazing how that works! "The spirit is the most important single element in this work. With the spirit magnifying your call, you can do miracles for the lord in the mission field. Without the spirit, you will never succeed regardless of your talent or ability." the spirit truly helped us to see a miracle that night with Sam :)

We also had an amazing lesson with a man we met the other day named Roberto. He’s a carpenter here from Mexico and we talked to him outside for a little bit and then we shared the because of him video with him and it brought tears to his eyes. he was so grateful that we shared it with him and then he told us how much he respects us and our willingness to be walking around in 100+ degree weather to be sharing these things with others he was so interested as to why people as young as us would leave their families and go out to serve the lord. He was just so amazed and so touched by that. He has such a sweet and tender heart and strong love of his savior. That is my favorite part about missionary work just being able to meet so many amazing people. I just LOVE it!  he’s suuuuper cool and we are really excited to start teaching him. I love this work with all my heart and I feel so blessed that the lord trusts me in this part of his vineyard with his amazing and wonderful children! People are just amazing! I love being a missionary! And it is something that will never change even when I have to take of my tag. I love this gospel and I know that is true, that we god has a plan for everyone and he is watching out for each of us! I love you all just as much as he does! Talk to ya soon! Let the Holy Spirit guide!
Love,
Hermana Savage 





No comments:

Post a Comment