Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Easter



What’s up everyone!

     So District meetings were super good this week I did a training in elder Hiatts district this week and it turned out pretty good, the best part was at the end of the day when the sisters came home all excited and said "sister savage! Sister Savage! We did your training and it worked! Our investigator finally prayed!" Then they told me about how they used what I had taught about and the role play we did that morning and it worked out perfectly with the woman they were teaching. It was super cool to see how it helped them out :)

     We were able to go to the mesa Easter pageant again we went up on Tuesday we had a good time, we piled in the truck of Hermano Tavison and rode up with all 6 of us Cileito missionaries. It was so much fun I seriously can't even begin to tell you how cool my district is, I feel like they are friends from home that I would hang out with all the time. our investigator was going to meet is there, but sadly she actually didn't end up coming and we were pretty bummed about that. but i guess her car broke down and so that was a pretty good excuse.

   We have still been struggling to find people to teach, but this week we found a lot of really cool people who might have some great potential. It's nice because it's been a little stressful for us because we know that we are expected to be the example for everyone else now because we are the leaders, and it's been a little rough for Hermana Manwill and I because we have been working hard but not seeing as much success as we would like. But we kept going and it seems like things are starting to pick up now. Yay! We had to go host the Easter pageant again and we started talking to a woman who has a son who is living in Japan and she told us how she just wanted missionaries to talk to him so bad, but she didn't have his number or address or anything and he doesn't talk to her anymore she was so hopeless. She was pretty sad about it, and then we told her that we could talk to him through Facebook. You should have seen how her face lit up and how excited she got. :) She kept calling us her little angelitos. She then gave us like 7 more names of people she wanted us to talk to. The blessing of Facebook is amazing as missionaries we can reach out to those who cannot be reached. The work is hastening!

   We went on 2 exchanges this week and I was able to be with Sister Clemens on Thursday and then Hermana Raynor on Saturday. They were both suuuuper fun exchanges and I learned a lot from both of them. Hermana Raynor just got reassigned to be a Spanish sister so it’s a little stressful for her, but she is doing amazing and her Spanish is really good so she’s got nothing to worry about. I seriously love the sisters in phoenix zone so much they are so cool! 

   So yesterday we had a great Easter! It started out hilarious when we had a knock at our door at 7:40 in the morning and Hermana Manwill went to go answer the door she still had her hair up in a towel, and I looked like a lion because I had just blow-dried my hair. We were expecting it to be the other sisters but when we opened the door it was Elder Murphey and Allen with breakfast for us. Hermana Manwill’s face was priceless! Her eyes got all huge and she quickly shut the door. And we all bust up laughing. I then opened it back up and thanked them for breakfast. It was suuuuper fun and they teased her at church about how nicely her hair had dried. Ha-ha. We got to sing in church again which was really fun. The ward didn’t have a musical number for Easter Sunday so we volunteered to sing. We went out and shared an Easter message with all the people we talked to and it was really cool to talk to everyone and see what they have thanks to Christ and his sacrifice. We seriously have soooo much! I am so grateful for my savior, and for all that he did for me. Because of him I have so much and I am soooo grateful for that! I love him, I love all of you too and I hope you have a great week! Talk to ya soon! 

                                       Love, 
                                          Hermana Savage 

Easter Pageant

we put a sombrero on the subway sandwich and now it is "Mexican food"


Hermana Manwill is the BEST! we love being companions :)



No comments:

Post a Comment