Wednesday, April 23, 2014

April 14th, 2014



Hola!
    So this week we got to be a part of lots of cool things! president Toone invited the whole mission up for transfers (Yuma had to Skype in) but it was really fun to be all together as a mission and learn were we need to improve and how we are all leaders and trainers and we need to help each other learn and grow. I love president Toone so much and I know how much he loves each and every one of the missionaries. Hermana Manwill and I also had the privilege to go to Jewlz baptism on Saturday. The English sisters have been teaching her. We did a short presentation while they were changing and as soon as we got up there were three people in the audience who were looking straight at me and thy were just bawling. After the baptism they came up to me and said I looked just like their daughter who is serving a mission in Philadelphia right now, they wondered if there would ever be a chance that I would serve in their ward. Then we got to help with the Easter pageant!!!!!   It was AMAZING! We got to go up Saturday night and host, it was really fun because we were in charge of a specific area of seats and we talked to the people in that area and encouraged them to go over to the visitor center before the show. There is one woman we talked to who really wants us to come over and teach her :) the spirit there was amazing and before the show even started you could feel it so strong and you could see how it was touching people. And then the show began and it was in all Spanish and I LOOOOVED it! Spanish is such a beautiful language. The spirit was so strong; my favorite part was seeing Hermana Banderas from our ward with her husband who is not a member. And after the show his face was covered in tears. He came to church for the first time yesterday :) blessings. Miracles. I love how the spirit works. We are taking our investigators up on Tuesday and we are suuuuper excited and then we get to go up to host again on Wednesday night. If you haven’t seen the mesa Easter pageant before than make plans to come next year with me because it would be worth the trip! I hope you all have a wonderful Easter and remember all that the Savior has done for you. I know that he lives, I know that he loves us unconditionally and every single thing that he does is for our benefit. When we allow his love and atonement to work in ourself and in our lives, we can see fear turn into faith, hate turn into love and weakness turn into strength. I love that I have this opportunity to be his representative, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he were here. To stand as his witness in this great and marvelous work! I love him and I know he loves me :) I also love ALL of you and i can wait to hear from you! Have a great week!

                                           Love,
                                               Hermana savage 
Us in front of the temple right before the Easter pageant

Here is a last district meeting before Elder Jacobsen left. He's a zone leader in Yuma now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment