Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thanksgiving week



Hola!

This week was pretty great, just like all the other weeks here in phoenix. I love it so much! We didn’t have any crazy tree climbing adventures this week, but we were able to go to the Temple and it was Awesome! I love the temple soooo much. I feel suuuuper lucky that we get to go each transfer. and there are going to be two temples opening up here in the next couple months so there is going to be a lot of missionary excitement and interest about the church here in the valley. We are super excited! They don’t want us to be seen at the Gilbert Temple open house though. Because they don’t want people, who go to feel like it was a missionary trap, but they still want to let us missionaries be a part of it so instead the sisters get to be there and help answer questions and things after the tours, but we are not to do any proselyting, just be hostesses. And the elders are going to be in charge of moving all the furniture in the temple and setting up chairs and things. And then before they open the temple to the public, they are going to let all the missionaries from the Tempe, Phoenix, and Mesa mission go through! It’s going to be so cool!!! :)

So we found out something really cool with one of our investigators this week. We were having a lesson with him and we were talking about the things we need to do to prepare ourselves to meet god. He told us that he hasn’t been drinking for 2 weeks because he felt that it wasn’t good and he needed to stop. He asked if that would be something to prepare to meet god, we told him of course! We haven’t even talked about the word of wisdom with him yet! Its sooo awesome to see that when people start to hear about Jesus Christ they start to make changes in their lives to be better. They don’t even know why sometimes but they just want to be better! Isn’t that just the best that when they hear about Jesus Christ they have the desire to become better? That’s probably because it’s through Christ that they can become better :) this gospel is amazing!

Also we had exchanges this week and I was able to be companions with the one and only sister Maier! I love her so much! We both served in Rio Salado in Tempe together she’s my role model. It was fun to go to south phoenix for the day and meet the wonderful people there, we had some of the coolest lessons and the spirit was so strong! we also had a funny encounter as we were in our car praying and all of a sudden in the middle of our prayer we hear "do you have Deedee?" we opened our eyes to see a little boy with his face pressed against our window it surprised us and we bust out laughing it was so random and sooooo funny. We told him that we didn’t have Deedee and he ran back inside his house, and then we finished our prayer. It was a great exchange and I learned a lot, I’m so grateful that I get to improve every day and that I get to learn more and more and share it with everyone! I’m so thankful for this gospel and for my savior Jesus Christ for everything that he did for us. I’m grateful that I know that I can live with my family forever and that I get to be a part of the best family ever! I love you guys sooooooooo much! Thanks for all you do and for you great examples to me. I am just surrounded by amazing family and friends. I’m so blessed! I hope you all have a great thanksgiving holiday! Love ya tons! Talk to ya soon :)

                  Love, 
                  Hermana Savage
Me in the Tree last week!
At the blood drive... I tried!
                  


The elders and their i pads... Diaz, Cassity, Maybe, Jacobsen, and Murphy
Some of the sisters at the Temple



No comments:

Post a Comment