Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Transfer 3 here we come!



Hola!

    So this week has been a little bit rough, but its ok missionary work is hard sometimes and we just have to be patient. So first off we had transfers on Wednesday! I can honestly say that I have never been so nervous in my life! Sister Segura is off to Casagrade and she is pretty excited to be more then 15min away from where her family lives haha. I’m going to miss her a lot but she is going to do great things in that area. So there was a little confusion at the transfer meeting and turns out my new companion had no idea she was being transferred so it was a little bit of an unpleasant surprise for her. But Sister Toone drove us to her old apartment so we could pick up all her stuff and get her to our apartment. She is a missionary who was affected from the mission split and is actually from the phoenix mission. Her name is sister Greenwood and she came from japan, she’s not Japanese she has just lived there for 8 years because her dad works for the Air force. Cool Huh!? Go Air force!!! She has been out for a year and has only served in one area her whole mission, so she is kind of excited to be in a new area.

   We have struggled to teach this week, a lot of our investigators are hard to meet with because they work so much, and it’s really hard. Sister Segura took her GPS "Lolita" with her, so im kind of lost, I tried to figure out how to read the map, but it’s a little frustrating. Oh well. Patience is key in anything; it’s good that I will learn how to read a map. So we spent a lot of time out in the sun this week walking around talking to people, and it was fun. We met some really cool people, and this one guy pointed out that we had something angelic about us and he thought it was really cool. It’s cool when people can see a difference and can see the light of Christ in us. I’ve talked to a lot more people in Spanish this week too, I know I’m not saying anything right but as long as I keep a smile on my face they listen and enjoy what I have to say haha. So that’s been fun to really just talk with people this week.

    I found a Scripture this morning that I really liked in Alma 56:16-19 and its when the 2000 stripling warriors come to the aide of Antipus and his men. It says "yea and they were depressed in body as well as in spirit, for they had fought valiantly by day and toiled by night to maintain their cities; and thus they had suffered great afflictions of every kind. and now they were determined to conquer in this place or die; therefore you may as well suppose that this little force which was brought with me, yea, those sons of mine, gave them great hopes and much joy" It just made me think of how sometimes we get physically and spiritually depressed because we fight valiantly day and night to maintain who we are, what we stand for, and for what we believe in. and it’s hard. Life’s not easy all the time, even if you are doing everything you are supposed to be doing. But god always sends help. Always. Even when it is the small force it can still give us hope that everything will be ok. that we can get through anything. We can have joy. I’m so grateful for that. That we are never alone in this work. we never have to do anything in life without the help of our heavenly father or the small forces that he sends our way to strengthen us. So it’s been a hard week, but it’s ok! We still keep a smile on our face and press on! I hope everyone is doing great! I Love you al SOOOOO much! Talk with ya'll next week!

                   Love,
                       Hermana Savage

No comments:

Post a Comment