Monday, July 29, 2013

Great week!



Hello!!!

   So this week was pretty much amazing and there we had some really amazing experiences. I don’t have time to share them all, but I want to share one of my favorites. We had a lesson with one of our investigators named Miguel this week. A little background info on him. He is married to a member and he has been investigating the church for years and years. He knows everything is true he just doesn’t feel like it is his time to be baptized because he hasn’t gotten his answer yet. We looked through his progress record and it is 2 pages long of missionaries after missionaries who have pushed for baptism but all ended up with the same result. He doesn’t get baptized. So we decided to just read in the book of Mormon with him to try and do something different. Didn’t work. He told us he already knew the book of Mormon was true and he was a good person. Then he went off on baptism. It was getting a little heated and I didn’t really know what was going on but I kept getting the feeling that I had to share something. I went over in my mind what I could share, but I didn’t know how to say anything I wanted to in Spanish. Then I came to a thought and I kept coming back to it. I had no idea how to say it, but I felt so strongly that I had to say it that I just decided to share in English. The conversation was still pretty heated so I had to kind of raise my hand to get attention and ask if I could share something. "puedo compartir algo?" I asked if it was ok if I said it in English and he said it was ok. I said “you have been holding of baptism for years and years because you say you are waiting for your answer." sister Segura started to translate for me, but I could feel that he understood what I was saying. ”but you are so blessed. You know the book of Mormon is true, you know joseph smith was a true prophet, and you know this church is true. You know! Miguel you have been blessed with a believing heart. You are waiting for your answer, but sometimes heavenly father doesn’t answer because he trusts us to make the right choice. He trusts YOU Miguel. One hundred percent to make the choice." it was really quiet and I have never felt the spirit so strong in my life. I know it was 100% the spirit because I could feel how powerful the words were. And I could tell that it hit him hard. He was quiet for a long time and his eyes were a little watery. Then he said "I’m going to be baptized." it was soooooooo amazing! Then the real problem came up and he told us that they weren't married. So now we know what to work on and we can get him on the path home! :)

  So many other things happened too but I don’t have time to write. But something fun happened this week. So yesterday morning we got a call and we were told that we had to teach gospel doctrines because they couldn’t get ahold of anyone. Sister Segura got sick and had to stay home. And she and sister Maier thought it would be a great idea for me and sister Funke to go to church by our self. So we had to teach gospel doctrines in Spanish and neither of us knows Spanish very well. But it actually went ok and we took up the whole class time which was cool. Miracles. Haha it was great the members had a good time with our broken Spanish and jokes. But I better go. So love you all1 and I have sooo many letters from everyone I fell so loved its awesome! But I don’t have all the time to write back so if I don’t write you back right away, don’t worry. I will! Just be patient! Love ya all!

                           Love,
                             Hermana Savage

Sister Funke and I. Gopel Doctorine Teachers no biggie! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment