Monday, June 3, 2013

Its June already!!! what?!



Hey everyone!



   Some great things happened this week. To start off my mission president made a goal for our whole mission. It is to read The Book of Mormon by July. We are all pretty excited. For district meetings this month we just read, read, read, it’s awesome! I have never been so excited to read a book. I love that we have a couple hours a week to just focus on reading the Book of Mormon. President Howes also challenged us to use a brand new Book of Mormon so we could mark it up. It’s amazing and I challenge anyone who hasn't done that in a while to do it. You will be greatly blessed! :)



    We are able to go to the Mesa Tempe once every transfer, so once every six weeks. Our zones temple day was on Wednesday and it was amazing! It was so pretty and such a great experience. I just kept thinking about Grandma Loni doing Dana’s work there and it made me so excited to meet her and see Grandma Loni again. We are so blessed to have the knowledge that we can be together forever as families. I love that we always have fun trips and family reunions together. Those are some of my best memories. I can’t wait till we have that big family Reunion in heaven. It is going to be a blast! Temples are such blessing :)



   I can’t believe that is June already! WHAT?! Ahhh! Time needs to slow down. I’m already in the last two weeks of my first transfer. Sister Segura and I are really hoping that we get to stay together for another transfer. We make such a good team and the work is really starting to take off. There has not been a baptism in our ward for about a year. The Spanish work is hard, but we have some really solid investigators and we have seen many miracles. We know that the lord has put us here for a reason and we are trying our best every day to make sure that we fulfill that. We also found out that we are moving next week on Saturday to a two bedroom apartment. They said when the new Spanish sisters come in they are going to live with us. FUN! I’m so excited and we are crossing our fingers we can stay together. So if you are going to write me send it to the mission home because I don’t know what my address is going to be.



             Hermana Jessica Savage

             1871 E. Del. Rio Dr.

             Tempe, AZ 85282-2822



   Funny story for this week: My companion is so funny I love her so much. The other day we were in the kitchen and sister Segura was like "you know how it’s weird that you eat frozen corn like candy? ...I eat baby Milk" I was like "what?" then she pulled out her can of dried baby formula and started eating it with a spoon. I was on the floor for a good 2 minutes laughing. I didn't think she was serious but she was. She said "it makes me grow taller!" and I sarcastically questioned "oh really?!"  She then joined me on the floor laughing. She is like 5 foot nothing. It was so funny. We spend a lot of time on the floor laughing.... but that’s ok! We are best friends and it’s nice to have fun when you work so hard.



Grandma Savage sent me a letter this week with a saying that I LOVE! Instead of the common phrase "oh the devil made me do it" change it too “The Spirit helped me do it!" and that is so true with everything that we do. The spirit helps us out with every single thing. We can’t do anything without it, so it is sooooo important that we live worthy of always having it. I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to serve a mission. I have only been out for about a month and I and I already don’t see how I would be able to live life without the things that I have learned. Going on a mission has been the best decision of my life and if you have the chance to go take it! You truly develop the skills and knowledge you need to help you enjoy life to the end. Love you all! And I love to hear from you! Hope summer is going great!



                    Love,

                        Hermana Savage 




No comments:

Post a Comment