Thursday, May 30, 2013

Week 3



I wish I had more time to tell you all the amazing things that happen every single day. There a miracles every day! But I’ll tell you some of the highlights...

We have 7 new investigators! It was a great week :) I can’t remember if I told you about our mystery caller last week or not, but we had a guy call us who told us he wanted to meet with us because he wanted to change. We were so excited to meet him and wondered how he got our number. When we found him we found out he was actually living in the backyard of someone because he was homeless so we went back and sat on some old coolers and taught the gospel in the dirt. It was soooo amazing! His name is Efrine and he really has a desire to change. He even told us that he went and got his hair cut so that he could look presentable to us. We invited him and his wife to be baptized and they accepted! :) It’s the best feeling ever! We got frostys again from Wendy’s. We get them when we have a good day, ha-ha. By the way things are going though we might get pretty fat from frostys... the work is hastening on! I love it so much and sister Segura and I make a good team. We are helping the lord to change lives!

Sunday was probably one of my favorite days so far. Before church we tried to get ahold of all our investigators to remind them about church, but none of them answered. We tried and tried again and when we had decided that we should probably just go sit down, we turned around to see Aurelia walking up and I honestly don’t think I have ever had a feeling like that before. I was instantly filled with happiness and I’ve never had a bigger smile on my face :) We had a lesson with her this week and it was amazing. She was telling us about how when she saw us she felt like she knew us and had a familiar feeling. So that is why she let us in to talk to her. And she loooves The Book of Mormon. She sat on the front row of every meeting it was awesome. In relief society we went over Jeffery R. Holland’s conference talk "Creo" the Sister who was teaching, asked me to read a paragraph which caught me off guard. I read it and I felt like I was in kindergarten again with all the sisters being so proud of me for doing a good job and helping me out on the words I stumbled on. Ha-ha it was awesome.

We went out on our bikes for the first time this week. It was pretty fun. Kind of interesting riding in a skirt and we got some goofy looks but we just smiled and waved. We went in the morning so that it wouldn’t be so hot. We broke 105 this week. woohoo! haha. Its great being here and I pick up a little more Spanish each day. I wish it would come faster but I know I just have to be patient. I wish I could tell you about all the investigators they are amazing but I better get going. So hope you are all having a fantastic week! Love ya!

                   Love,
                      Hermana Savage 
First day on our trusty old bikes! Yippie! :)
Elder Spaulding and his one year present from us! he is from Idaho. Happy uno ano elder "Spud"ing
Grandpa Gilliland I found Sesame Street!!


Tempe!

 Sister Segura and me in Guadalupe :)

Me in Guadalupe a little town in the middle of Tempe



No comments:

Post a Comment