Thursday, May 23, 2013

Week 2 in the field

Hola!
  Well I’m glad to report another great week in the field! We had some really good experiences. Last Monday we met a woman named Aurelia and she said we could come back the next day to teach her. The lesson went really good and the spirit was so Strong! And I invited her to be baptized! Crazy right! I couldn't believe it and I was so excited that I messed up a little but she understood what I was saying and I bore my testimony in Spanish. She said she wanted to learn more but that she was open to it. It was pretty cool.
 
Tuesday was fun. We were so tired and we laughed at anything and everything. But I’m glad that we do that. We have a good time and laugh instead of cry which makes each day soooo much better. When we got back to our apartment that night, with blisters on our feet from walking all day, we waddled up to the our door and saw a praying mantis on the sidewalk. It was so still we wondered if it moved. I tried to touch it and it ran away so fast we weren't expecting it and we jumped and screamed and then fell over because we were laughing so hard.
 
We had some really good lessons this week with some of our investigators, especially Ignacia. I didn't understand much. Just a little here and there, but I was able to feel the spirit. I don’t need to know Spanish to do that luckily. It still makes me a little sad though that I miss out on so much. I know it will take time and I will eventually understand Spanish. It’s just hard. Some days harder than others, but it’s not too bad because I’m just so happy being a missionary. :)
 
On Saturday a little girl in our ward was baptized. We went to that and when we got there brother Gomez said that I was playing the piano and I was like "Que?!" luckily we found a simplified hymn book and I tried my best to read the notes. They were just happy to have a piano to sing along with so they didn’t really mind me messing up. My favorite part was when they confirmed the Holy Ghost. Brother Trejo (who I think is the Elders quorum president) did it. As he began, I heard Bishop Rogers whispering the words to say and I started to cry the spirit was so strong. It just made me think of how when I was in primary how the parents would always whisper into our ears what to say. It just makes me so happy to see how humble these people are and how like primary children they are so eager to grow and learn the gospel. They are always so happy. I love it!
 
Yesterday started out pretty rough but it ended in a little miracle. None of our investigators showed up to church and one of them called and canceled our lesson because they were too busy. There was a fireside that we were really looking forward to going to but we found out that we couldn’t go unless we had an investigator with us and no one could go. We were pretty disappointed and were a little down on ourselves as we tried to figure out what to do. We decided to just go walk around a neighborhood and do some OYMing (Open Your Mouth). As we turned down one of the last streets we saw a woman sitting out on her porch. We walked up to introduce ourselves and she said "Are you guys LDS?" we said we were and she went on to explain how she was baptized a few years ago but she hasn't gone to church in a long time. She said she was a single mom and things were starting to get pretty hard. She told us that she had been sitting out on her porch because she was trying to decide if she should go over to church because she knew that she could find the help she needed. She said that she had decided not to and then we came walking up the street. I know that god puts us in the right place at the right time. It was amazing. We talked with her and she hugged us both and thanked us for being her answer. We walked away and our minds were blown at what had just happened because we hear stories like that all the time about missionaries being in the right place at the right time and that was us! I know that heavenly father knows what He’s doing and everything happens for a reason. I love you all and can’t wait to tell you what other miracles happen this week. Miracles happen every day you just have to look for them! :)
                    Love,
                       Hermana Savage 
Chile and Arizona. The Best missions EVER! :)
Elder Brunson!
Elder Cox!





Elder Jones
District 35 Last day together
Sisters off to Arizona



The other day we met a guy, and a couple minutes later he ran up the street and gave us a bag of baked goodies. They were AMAZING!!!! :)




Me and sister Segura found cakes for our ward! Spanish wards are awesome!








No comments:

Post a Comment