Tuesday, August 12, 2014

what a week!



Oh wow what a week! so we had Zone meeting on Tuesday and it turned out awesome which was a bit of a miracle because Monday when we were talking with the Zone leaders we had really no idea what we were going to do, but luckily we received some revelation and the meeting went really well. We talked about the power of the spirit in conversion and how with the spirit magnifying our call we can do miracles for the lord in the mission field. It got everyone pumped up and we are excited to be focusing on the fundamentals and preach my gospel this month.
On Thursday I was able to go on an exchange with the wonderful Hermanita Rogers. SHE IS AMAZING! It was so fun to be with her and see how much she has grown in the past couple months since she started her mission. She is SO powerful and is becoming quiet the missionary! It makes me so happy to see how far she’s come even with the trails she’s been given. I was able to see two people that day that needed to hear the testimony that Hermana Rogers had. They needed HER! It made it so clear how the lord has people prepared for each and every one of us; people who need to hear our experiences and feel our love for the savior. I’m excited for Dallin to find those certain people who are waiting to hear specifically from him. You will find them! And those will be some of the most cherished moments of your mission!  I love being able to see how much everyone grows on a mission. It’s weird being one of the oldest in the mission now and seeing all the little greenies I once knew becoming powerful teachers and leaders in the field. I feel so blessed to be surrounded by some of the best missionaries in the world. Go Arizona Tempe Mission!!! :)
Saturday night a hermano in our ward gave us a bunch of bread and goodies that he got from the factory that he works at. seeing as it was clearly too much for us to eat alone we decided to go to one of our investigators to give it to her and her daughters who are going through a hard time since their dad left. When we showed up with a big bag for them they seemed pretty surprised, and very grateful. When she closed the door and we were walking away we heard through the door the girl loudly proclaim "BREAD!!!" it was super cute how excited she was about it. And it brought a smile to our faces.

So we got Transfer calls last night! Dun dun duuuuun! I get to stay in Gilbert but hermana Hansen is leaving me :( but I will get the great blessing to train another new missionary who will arrive straight from the MTC tomorrow! :) I couldn't think of a better way to end my last transfer. Working hard and helping this new Hermana have the best experience ever as she enters into the best 18 months of her life. I’m super excited, also a little nervous, but I know that the lords on my side, nothing can override, let the Holy Spirit guide! It will be a crazy 6 weeks but it will be the best 6 weeks yet! Love ya all toooooons! Thanks for all you do for me and for your examples and prayers, and support and for just being you! You’re the best! Have a great week! Talk to ya soon!
 Cone mucho amor,
  Hermana Savage 
We collected water bottles for 3 months to recycle... we only got a dollar fifty ha-ha

One of our investigators got a piano and wanted me to teach her daughters a little bit. it was suuuuuper out of tune but really fun :)

"I went in a corn field today, I went in a corn field" (shout out to tanner... ha-ha)
The Field is white all ready to harvest!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment