Wednesday, August 20, 2014

New Companion




Hola!

    This week was super awesome!!! Super exhausting but really worth it. I don’t think I've ever worked so hard. We went up with Hermana Rogers and Haar on Monday to drop off Hermana Haar at the mission home since she ended her mission. I don't even want to imagine that day for me it's going to be soooo hard! We were in a trio with Hermana Rogers until Wednesday and it was really fun. On Tuesday we got to go with sister Lewis (the senior couple in our zone) to work out on the he reservation with her. It was a really neat experience. We met a member who made us some fresh Indian fry bread and it was so good! Then she sang us a song in her native language and it was beautiful I could have stayed there all day. I wish I had pictures to send but Hermana Hansen has them on her camera and she is now in south Phoenix... But I will get them to y'all sometime.

Wednesday we had transfers and I got my new compaÃera! Hermana Jensen from Indiana. She is amazing! I have never served around a sister more prepared then her. I'm excited to be her trainer I'm going to learn a lot from her. She's so excited about the work and has that greenie fire :) it's going to be a great transfer! We found a lot of new investigators this week and had a lot of progress with our investigators. We had a lesson with our investigator Teresa and we were planning on teaching the restoration but the spirit totally took over and took it a different direction, we talked about baptism and the cleansing power of the atonement and it was so powerful! I can't even describe how blessed I feel to be a part of this wonderful work and see how when we follow the guidance of the spirit we can truly touch the hearts of people. I love being a missionary. Just seeing the hope in someone's eyes when you tell them that those feelings of guilt and pain can be relieved through Christ is the most rewarding thing ever. We worked soooo hard this week but it really paid off and our area is really picking up.

We got to do service on Saturday morning!!! I looove to do service but sometimes it's really hard to find service opportunities. So we were super excited to get out there and do hard work in the hot Arizona heat. You should have seen the before and after of the brothers yard. There were about 20 people there helping out and it was fun to get to know new people. Everyone keeps asking me how long I've been out but I tend to kind of avoid the question... I hope this transfer is the best one yet and I think it might be after the week we had and miracles we were able to be a part of :) well I love you all toooons and I can't wait to see you all! Have a great week!

Love,
    Hermana savage

My new Companion! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment