Monday, September 15, 2014

The Final Countdown



Hola Famillia y amigos!

So it’s a little weird that I just had a p-day on Wednesday, but the last 4 days have been awesome! We had a really cool lesson with a new investigator named Efrin and he really wants to change his life around and get out of some of the bad influences and habits in his life. We showed him the Mormon message "the savior wants to forgive" and the end he was like "whoa! I feel all tingly inside, but it’s a good thing, just weird. I’ve never felt this before." we were then able to happily testify that what he was experiencing was the spirit and how it was telling him that these things are true and that god loves him, and that through Christ he can change his life. It was seriously sooooooo powerful! And then we got him to pray for the first time and right after he said the same thing. "Whoa. praying feels good!" it was such a cool experience to see how someone was able to recognize the spirit for the first time in their lives and see the light and hope in his eyes as we promised him blessings through the atonement of Jesus Christ. I love being a missionary! :) Friday morning my wonderful companion made me breakfast. She’s the best! I love her so much :) Also I never thought I would say this, but Hermana Jensen and I discovered how refreshing 103 degree weather can be. so you see what happened was we had a lesson with Lucy and her air conditioning was broken and she was cooking a big pot of beans, so right when we walked into her house it was like a steamy oven and we spent the next 20 minutes feeling like we were going to pass out because of the heat, but when we finished the lesson and walked outside it was like walking into a nice air conditioned house with a beautiful breeze! And then we got in our car and it said it was 103! We could help but laugh because to us it was sooooooo refreshing! Only in Arizona ha-ha

We had another great lesson with our investigator Arnulfo. We usually meet him in the park to teach him, but it was a little later and so instead of sitting down at the picnic table we decided to walk around the lit pathway around the park. We taught him about the book of Mormon and had such a great conversation about it as we walked around the Arizona starry night sky. As we were talking he stopped for a moment and he looked at us both and he asked "how old are you two?" we told him and then he said "that amazes me. I’m 39 yet I can learn something from a 19, and 20 year old, and it’s something that is changing my life." it built our testimonies so strongly of how this really is the lords work. he sends out teenagers straight from high school to all ends of the earth, and people actually learn from us, they actually change, they actually hunger to know more of what these awkward dressed up young people have to say, they are curious as to why we are so happy, as to why we would leave our families for 1.5 to 2 years, why we walk and bike around in 110 weather to talk to random strangers. And then they realize it. It is ALL because of Jesus Christ, and the love he has for ALL of us. That is what motivates it all. LOVE. The pure love of Christ! That is something that can change the world. AND IT IS!!! We can all be a part of it! :) isn't that so awesome! I love it. I love being a missionary and I love being a part of the lord’s work. This past year and a half has gone by waaaaay faster than I ever thought it would. But I am so grateful for the great privilege I had to represent my savior and share my testimony with others. I have learned so much on my mission and I am going to miss it so much. But the work goes on! And there are still people waiting for the gospel in Cedar city too so I know that everything will be alright even when it comes time for me to leave Arizona. I know that this week might be a little rough seeing as it’s my last, but I also know that miracles are going to happen and they will be days that I will never forget. Time to work hard and sprint to the end of the finish line, there will be time to rest later!  I know God loves us and trust us and only wants the best for us! We just need to put our trust in him! Love ya all tooooons! Thanks for all you have done, and do for me. See ya'll next week! :)
Con MUUUUUUCHO amor,
Hermana Savage

Ps. Not sure if I will have time to write next week, but we will see! Have a great week!
 
Mario our investigator made me one of my favorite  dishes from Valenzuela !

we made cookies in our car :)

No comments:

Post a Comment