Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Arizona Flood



Hola!
So this week was suuuuuuper awesome! We had exchanges on Monday and it was so much fun! I was with sister Cheney and she is super cute she blog stalked me before the mission and she was sooo excited to be with me for the day ha-ha. We had so many miracles that day like everything that happened was a miracle! But my favorite one was probably in our last teaching appointment for the day with the Venezuelan family. I taught the restoration and the spirit was super strong and everything was going great then Maili brought up a concern about something that someone said to her last time she came to church that had offended her. Her mom (who’s a recent convert) and everyone else in the household started to get into a pretty heated conversation. Then they looked at sister Cheney since she had been quite the whole time and asked her what her opinion was. Obviously she had no idea what was going on because she doesn't know any Spanish. I quickly told her what the situation was and then translated for her as she responded. It was so cool to see how the spirit put into her moth exactly what needed to be said and she honestly had no idea what was going on! The tension just faded as soon as she opened her mouth. It was soooooo cool! The spirit for sure speaks louder than words. miracle :)

We got to teach the gospel principles class on Sunday because the teacher was sick. I was a little nervous at first because we really couldn't prepare for anything. But it actually turned out really well, and it was pretty fun to teach the class. Then we went by our investigator Roberto and found out that he was going to leave in the morning to go back to Mexico :( it was a hard goodbye but I’m glad we got to send him off with our testimonies and he is going to look for the missionaries down there and send me a post card :) I have met some of the most amazing people on my mission! I feel so blessed to be able to get to know new people every day and get to serve, love, and help bring them to Christ. We really are all brothers and sisters and it makes me happy that we can live with our "whole" family for eternity :)

 I’m sure you probably saw on the news about the rain we got Sunday night. Pretty much the streets turned in to rivers, the parking lots into bumper boats and the parks into lakes that our bishop’s family went out and kayaked on... ha-ha it was awesome! I LOVE the rain! We went running in the rain Monday morning and then we saw the park by our house was flooded and so we wanted to run through the park, but we started running in and had to quickly turn and run out because we are not allowed to go swimming and it was past our knees! It was CRAZY!!! So Monday we spend some of our day walking around seeing if we could help people out and do some service. It was pretty fun we didn't find too much to do because no one wanted to do anything because it was probably just going to rain again. But we met some really cool people and they were really grateful for our willingness to help out.

We also have some of the coolest investigators ever! Angelica and her daughter Laura (a recently returned missionary from Argentina) found them when she was working as a translator. We had our first lesson with them on Monday she is already in 2 Nephi 16 and they came to church! they are So solid! I can’t wait to still be a missionary when I’m home. We should always be looking for people who are ready to receive the gospel. The work never ends! Thank goodness for that :) 

We went to the temple this morning which is why we had our p-day today and it was wonderful! I love the temple so much it was probably the last time I will be in the mesa temple for a while.... but I do get to go through the Gilbert temple next Friday with all the departing missionaries. I’m really excited! It doesn't seem like I only have two more weeks left. The time has seriously flown by sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fast! but hopefully this last two weeks are the best yet and they don't go too fast because I absolutely love to be a missionary, it is for sure the hardest thing I have ever done, but it is for sure the best thing I have ever done and I can’t even imagine my life without this time that I have been able to serve the lord here in Arizona! I love it! And I love all of you and I hope you have the best week ever! Talk to ya soon!
con mucho amor,
Hermana Savage
Hermana Jensen
Gilbert Zone!

Gilbert Sisters!

Mis Hijas :)

Just you know swimming in the park....




Mucho Agua!!!



Poor car

Lunch at our Favorite Mexican Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment