Tuesday, May 20, 2014

May 19th (Getting the boot)



Well I guess they finally had enough of me here in phoenix, we got the calls last night and I’m headed out! I was kinda expecting it though after we had stake conference Saturday night and president Toone told everyone that some missionaries have been here for a long time, and they wouldn’t be seeing them anymore. Seeing as me and elder Murphey are the ones who have been here the longest we felt like he was directing it to us. And we were right. We are both headed out after 9 months of serving in Cielito! It’s going to be suuuuper hard! It’s like leaving home all over again. I love the people here so much. Like I can even put into words how much I love them. Phoenix has changed me and will always hold a special place in my heart. But I am excited to get to experience a new area too, a little nervous too seeing as this is only my second transfer... yikes! But I know that I will be where I need to be and who I need to be with. The lords got it covered, so no need to worry I guess. Elder Zoolakis is leaving our district too, and Elder Allen is going to be district leader, he’s going to do awesome! I’m going to miss this district a lot. 

Hermana Manwill and I had a super awesome week! Things finally turned around in our area and we more than doubled our lessons from last week. It was just what we needed after having a little bit of a rough transfer. Nothing happens, and nothing happens, and then everything happens! :) We got a super legit member referral on Monday and she’s golden, and the Hermana is such a good fellowship and friend for her. She wanted to start talking to us in the first place because she always felt something different whenever she was around the member. You as members play such a key role in all of this! Like really you are the missionaries! We are just the teachers and guides... never overlook the influence that you have as a member to those around you. You have something that they don’t have! And they can notice that!  what a blessing you have that others can have the change to feel the Holy Ghost when they are around you because that is something that only we as members of the church carry! Think about that. Are you going to give others the opportunity to feel that? look out for people this week who you can serve and who you can talk to or who you can just be around to lift up :) we have such a blessing and we NEED to share it! 

We went on another exchange this week with the sisters down in Trailside and it was fun to be in that tiny little area again riding around on my bike in the suburbs. We actually ran into some old ladies sitting out in their yard who spoke Spanish! (It’s like an all English area so it was pretty exciting for me) I taught them a short little lesson and bore my testimony and they want the missionaries to come by! It was pretty cool. We met a lot of cool people that day. I think one of my favorite parts about being a missionary is just being able to meet so many people. It’s the best! I guess that’s the big reason why I’m excited to go to a new area, so many new people!! :) I have no idea where I’m going though. I’m thinking Gilbert, or Yuma, or maybe even mesa or Casa Grande or well yikes I guess I really have no idea, but we will see on Wednesday! Love ya all tons! Talk to ya pronto! Have a great week! 
Love, 
Hermana Savage 
They're givin me the boot!

Hermana Manwill is the BEST! I'm going to miss her so much!
'
The Elders had fun with our car this week...






No comments:

Post a Comment