Monday, October 7, 2013

Oh my it’s October....



 September sure did fly by! Well this was a really exciting and spiritual week. Lots of fun things happened. So on Monday I decided to get my hair cut which was kind of fun. Tuesday we decided to go out to eat as a Zone after our meeting and a man ran in ahead of us all in line so that he could pay for our meal. All 20 or so of us. We were all pretty surprised but very thankful to this kind and generous stranger. On Wednesday we had zone conference and it was nice to hear from President and sister Toone and the assistants. We learned a lot and got excited about going and helping the members catch the excitement of doing missionary work. In presidents Toones closing remarks he said that he felt inspired to speak on something. Soon I was in tears because I knew he was speaking to me in answer to my many tear filled prayers this week. He answered all my fears, questions and concerns without even knowing it. I know that there is power in revelation and in the spirit. We might not know why we say or do somethings but if we are doing them because of the promptings of the spirit we can be assured that it is because Heavenly Father has a reason or has a person that he needs to reach out to. He’s looking out for all of us. :)

So the other day we went over to see our investigator Cele and he wasn't home, but the family who he lives with was there. The woman was outside putting away things from her yard sell she is really cool and has sat in on some of the lessons. We asked if we could help. We helped her box up things and carry them in. She went to grab a big box and was struggling a little bit, sister Romano quickly went over to help and told her we could get all the big boxes since she was pregnant.  Then she was like I’m not pregnant. We quickly finished carrying all the boxes and left.  Sister Romano was pretty embarrassed. 

We worked really hard this week to try and get our investigators to come to conference. We spend the hours between sessions trying to encourage them to come, but unfortunately none of them were able to come. Which was a little bit well a big bummer, but conference was still really amazing anyway :) I really loved how in Elder Ballard’s Talk, he talked about missionary work and said "what an exciting time to be a member of the church" I keep saying how exciting it is to be a missionary. But this hastening of the work is not just exciting for the missionaries it’s exciting for everyone and everyone can be a part of it! I love you all so much and I hope and pray that you can look for missionary opportunities as well! Because it really is the best and you can feel the joy of missionary work!  I’m getting behind on writing back letters, but just be patient I still love you don’t worry! Hope you all have a great week! Talk to ya soon :)

                             Love,
                               Hermana Savage 

 These are super late but now I can send pictures finally!
Alan at his baptism :)

Phoenix Zone!!!

Hair cut

Me on my Birthday

This is me and sister Romano before the Noche de Talentos

Elder Murphy with his Bunny for the magic trick :)

No comments:

Post a Comment