Monday, October 21, 2013

Exciting week



Hola!
     Very exciting week this week! We went to the temple on Wednesday and of course it was amazing! golly I sure do love the temple, I could just spend all day there :) then on Wednesday we went on exchanges, I stayed here in phoenix so it was a little different to have to take the lead in everything, but it was actually really fun, and I realized I actually know more Spanish that I thought I did. And I got one of our investigators to commit to pray about being baptized on the 26th. It was pretty cool. But something really crazy happened when we were walking back to our car we saw that we had a missed call and voice mail from President Toone. We listened to it and it he said “Hello sister savage this is president Toone, give me a call por favor!" of course I started freaking out a little bit wondering why President Toone needed to talk to me. Then when I called him back the first thing he said was is this dad’s cell phone number? My heart was beating like a million miles an hour and I was waiting for the bad news.... then he told me that my dad was coming into the phoenix area for business and he had asked if it would be ok if he took me out to lunch. President Toone said that it would be ok. He told me to not feel guilty to just have fun because he gave me permission. I was Suuuuuper confused. He told me to give dad a call and set up a time. It was sooooo weird! (No offense dad) haha. So tonight I get to see my dad at 5. What!? Cool! Ha-ha and a little weird at the same time ha-ha. :)

So the other day we were at a members house for a farewell party and we had this super amazing soup called posoli I have no idea how to spell it but it’s like my favorite, anyway the members brought out a plate of peppers and they finally convinced me to try one. They kept telling me that it’s "Rosetta stone" it will help you speak Spanish ha-ha. So I did. No joke I one had a piece about half the size of a dime and I couldn’t taste anything on half the side of my mouth for the rest of the night. It was sooooooo hot! The member who convinced me to eat one was actually sweating like crazy because he had a whole one. 

So yesterday we were walking along and this car pulled up next to us and this guy asked us what we were doing. It kind of scared us at first. But we told him we were missionaries from the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We talked with him for a little bit and he asked us if we had time if we could come over to his house. We walked over and we talked him about the restoration and prayer. We invited him to church. And the next day he showed up! It was so cool! Kind of in reverse because he stopped us on the street and asked us to come over to his house. He speaks English though so we gave him to the other elders to teach, but it was super cool that he just came to us. There are so many people out there that are sooooo prepared for the gospel it’s so cool!

This morning we went on a hike as a Zone to South Mountain! It was sooooo much fun. We had a little devotional up at the top and it was amazing. This zone is so amazing! Seriously phoenix is like the Dream team. Sometimes this doesn’t even feel like real life. It’s just too great. being a missionary is the best, sure its suuuuuper hard sometimes, but there is NOTHING more rewarding than having the opportunity to be fully devoted to serve the lord and bring others unto Christ. I love this Gospel with all my heart and there really is no where I would rather be then right here! Love ya all tooooons! Talk to you soon.

                  Love,
                      Hermana Savage 

Me and sister Romano

It was sister Jacobsens birthday this week so we had a combined party. we fit 20 candles on my cupcake haha

At the Temple with Hermana Zayas :)

Our Super cool Phoenix Zone shirts we made!





A. T. M. Arizona Tempe Mission :)

Fun on the hike


No comments:

Post a Comment