Thursday, April 18, 2013

Half way through the MTC (3 weeks down 3 to go)

Hey everyone!
 
     Well I probably won’t have too much to write this week but I did have some adventures. So my cold actually turned into the flu. Friday morning I went to the health clinic because I was coughing so bad I couldn't breathe! They gave me a strep test and flu test and turns out I had influenza B. Why the heck did I have to get a flu shot!? Oh well, I guess they just sometimes don’t work.

So I was sent into Quarantine... sounds scary huh? It has many names here at the MTC, Mormon prison, torture, isolation, the liberty jail of the MTC etc. So I had to say farewell to my district and go live in an isolated room for the next 2 days. Luckily the first day there was another sister there so I had some company. The next morning Dr. Brown let her go and I had to stay. Not fun. They brought me my meals and I just slept, ate, and studied. Then Sunday morning I was set free! :) It was the best day ever. And the care package from home really helped me out the cough drops were awesome. Thanks so much!

It was nice to be reunited with my district and zone. They were all happy to see that I had survived isolation.  My teachers are awesome here at the MTC. Our main teachers are Hermano Frost and Hermano Khun. Then we have some other "floater" teachers that help us out all the time. Our lesson with our investigator Luis (hermano Frost) on Monday went really good! I talked a lot more then I normally do in a lesson. I told him about how the Book of Mormon has blessed my family and promised him that it could do the same for him. The spirit was strong and it was a great lesson. When we were leaving we all went to shake his hand, but when I went to shake his hand he just stood there and looked at me. I wondered if I had done something wrong and didn’t know what to do. Then he broke out of character of being the investigator and said "you’re not going to kill me?" we all laughed and I told him that I was better now and no longer had the flu. The teachers have all being so thoughtful and have pulled me out to work with me one on one to get me all caught up in class. The teachers here rock!

     So our Tuesday night devotional was amazing! Any guesses at who came to talk to us?! Any? Any? Well I will tell you. RICHARD G. SCOTT!!! No one was expecting him so it was really cool when we saw him and the whole auditorium stood up. His talk was so good and uplifting. He talked about prayer and how heavenly father loves us so much and he always hears us.

There were so many good points from his talk. I’ll just share a couple. He talked about how there are three ways that god answers our prayers. First with feelings of peace or comfort, second an unsettling feeling and third sometimes he doesn't answer, but this is to let us grow and act. This is an act of trust in you to make the right choice. Isn’t it cool to know that heavenly father trusts us to make the right choices? I thought it was cool. He also talked about how everything God does in your life is for your eternal good. He knows you. He loves you, and he wants the best for you. He told us to change from asking what we want, to what he wants for us. One thing that was really cool was he was inspired to give us an apostolic blessing. He blessed us that if we were learning a new language we would be able to learn it. He told us that the Lord has called us to succeed. It may be hard, but he wants us to grow. He will fit the tasks to our capabilities. He will never ask us to do something that we can’t do. The spirit was soooooooo strong.
Prayer has become something that has really changed for me since I have been on my mission. I have really come to understand it and rely on it so much more. I have prayed here at the MTC like I’ve never prayed before. I think a big part of that is because Heavenly Father is the only family member I have that I can actually physically talk to. My relationship with him through prayer has been strengthened so much! I know He loves me and He is always there to listen and comfort and guide. He loves you all too and He wants to hear from you! I’m so happy we have the blessing of prayer. Isn’t it just amazing!? :)

     Well that’s about everything exciting that happened this week. I did memorize the first vision in Spanish though! I was pretty excited about that. Well, hope you are all doing well. And I would love to hear from you! It’s been fun to get letters from everyone letting me know what going on in their lives. You guys are awesome and I love you all so much! Only 3 more weeks in the MTC!

                        Love,
Hermana Savage :)



No comments:

Post a Comment